We are an authorized distributer of Southland Sod. If you would like to order sod, you can pick it up or have it delivered. There is no minimum order for pickup, and a 250 sq ft. minimum for deliveries. To make an order please contact us 2 days in advance to reserve or schedule a delivery.
Standard tall fescue. Very durable. Tolerates daily wear. Fast growth. Excellent recovery from injury. Coarse texture. Medium green color. Tolerates up to 40% shade. Dwarf tall fescue. Durable. Tolerates weekend activity levels. Slightly reduced growth rate. Good injury recovery. Medium / coarse texture. Medium dark green. Tolerates 25% shade. Extra Dwarf tall fescue. Use ornamentally where there are low activity levels. Slow injury recovery. Substantially reduced mow clippings. Medium / fine texture. Dark green. Do not use in shade. Improved elite bluegrass blend. Fine textured, dense, elegant appearance. Requires regular care. Does best in moderate costal areas; avoid inland valleys and warm, arid regions. Requires well-drained soils and does not tolerate much shade or salinity. Green year-round. Available only in soil-less Lite Sod. 80% Pureblue and 20% perennial rye. Very similar to Pureblue. Minor subtle differences (slightly higher disease resistance, a shade lighter in color ad overall glossier appearance) are not readily apparent. Green year-round. Available only in soil-less Lite Sod. A specialty lawn with a distinctive, round-leaved texture. A low-growing ground cover, popularly used with stepping stones or in oriental garden settings to create an elegant effect. Good for use in partial shade or where mowing is difficult. Not recommended for traffic areas or salinity. Requires well-drained soils and constant care. Green year round.
Very coarse thick stemmed runners. Used primarily where shade tolerance is the top priority. Native to the southern United States where humid conditions do not permit cool-season lawn varieties to flourish. Considerable thatching. Requires concrete borders for containment. Dormant in winter. Hybrid bermuda. Excellent as athletic field or recreational turf. Often used on golf course putting greens. Very dense, low-growing, fine textured. With consistent care and trimming will create an attractive "manicured" look. Develops thatch. Requires concrete boarders for containment. Becomes dormant in winter. A dense creeping grass similar to Tifgreen with a taller mowing height (1" to 2"). Texture is medium fine. Color is comparatively light green. Develops thatch and requires concrete boarders for containment. Subject to a longer winter dormancy that Tifgreen or St. Augustine. An ornamental grass with a unique, rolling appearance typically used in oriental garden settings or as a ground cover. Usually left unmowed for a freeform, natural look. Extremely slow growing, and fine textured. Dormant in winter.
Consistently the Highest Quality Sod – Thicker, Finer, and Greener
• Marathon is comprised of proprietary grass varieties, which have been rigorously tested for adaptability to Southern California climate and soils.
• Ideal growing conditions in coastal Ventura County result in healthy, vigorous sod with no risk of plant damage from extreme weather conditions.
• All fields are laser leveled to be perfectly flat prior to each planting. As a result, sod is perfectly uniform in thickness and moisture at harvest.
• Higher seed rates and closer plant spacing using our patented seeder result in denser turf.
• All fields are mowed with reel-type mowers as opposed to rotary mowers resulting in grass that is cleanly cut with a scissors-like action, not chopped or torn.
• Marathon is dark green naturally. We never use dye to cover weather damage, production shortcuts or genetic flaws.
• We produce ten varieties of turf to meet all your customer needs.
Consistently the Freshest Sod
• We are the only sod farm with our own vacuum refrigeration facility.
• All Marathon Sod is cooled prior to shipment to prevent spoilage and increase pallet life.
• All sod is delivered to the job site within 24 hours of harvest.
Consistently On-Time Deliveries
• We have the largest, most reliable truck fleet in the industry. We will have a truck in you area every business day and at your job site on time.
• Our deliveries are scheduled within a two-hour window.
• We use only fast and efficient full-sized forklifts that can access areas “piggy back” forklifts cannot and quickly move on to the next delivery.
• Our 24-hour telephone “hot line” (877-562-3232) provides day and night access to your scheduled delivery time.
• Auto text message of scheduled delivery time is available upon request.
• Auto email of scheduled delivery time is available upon request.
• Our website (www.sod.com) can provide you order detail and delivery times.
We Work With You
• Knowledgeable, friendly staff makes every effort to accommodate your order needs.
• We have no order cut-off time. If we can find room on our trucks, we will take the order no matter how late in the day.
• We provide a full assortment of promotional literature and DVDs for your distribution.
Reliable After Sale Support
• We stand behind our one-year free replacement guarantee.
• Our staff "lawn doctor" is available at all times to answer you or your customer's lawn questions, help to solve problems or offer technical advice.
• Our field representatives will meet with you to resolve any after-sale problems.